The Emparnat Cultural Centre
Welcome to the Site of the Future Emparnat Cultural Centre
Our big focus is to build a cultural center on the Maasai Mara to fulfill our mission.
The cultural center is going to be built where the tree is in the picture.
It will be a lodge plus a place for people to come to be trained.
The objectives of the cultural center include:·
- Provide education and protection to the Maasai people, one of the most indigenous tribes in the world.
- Create a bridge for different communities with different cultures to include pure love, worthy trust, and voluntary cooperation.
- Create a resource center where communities can learn and inspire one another through educational programs.
- Create a “Stories Café” where the Maasai can research and document their family’s histories online for future generations.
- Create a children’s haven where children from the local Maasai community, and children from 100 Humanitarians expeditions can have a once-in-a-lifetime experience learning from each other.
We are looking for investors/partners to build lodging for tourist expeditions.
It will be a profit center for funding 100 Humanitarians.
AND most importantly, it will provide jobs for locals.
I thought I would go to Kenya and change peoples’ lives. Really, the life that was most radically changed was my own. I experienced love, kindness, tenderness, and openness. I witnessed miracles, tears, smiles, and warmth. I was challenged on an incredibly personal, deeply moving level, and when I left, I left a piece of my heart in the Mara.Chris
Deep in the heart of 100 Humanitarians are our stories.
Stories of joy. Stories of sorrow. Stories of heartbreak. Stories of fear.
Stories of love. Always love.
Who would have thought a chance meeting in the spring of 2018 would have placed me where I am today? Of all things, it was at a sew-a-thon, sewing underwear that I first met Heidi Totten. I knew she ran some kind of humanitarian thing and I wanted to see what she...read more
We went to the Oiboos for the first time a year ago. Our hope was to plant a garden, but the land was dusty, dry, and hard. The family was happy and welcoming, but there was nothing we could do at the time. Six months later we were ready to try again. We rolled up in...read more
What is a $5 Friday Fundraiser on Facebook? $5 Friday Fundraisers on Facebook began back in July 2015 when we decided to start 100 Humanitarians International. We were able to fundraise for 25 desks for Tenkes School, and later we added a new kitchen to cook for 300...read more